This post contains affiliate links, to see our disclosure policy click here.
Hello, sweet friends! I have been falling into a rhythm every Wednesday! Wednesdays have become my new menu planning and Peapod scheduling day.
I quick plan our meals for next week and have them set up for delivery on Friday, so then I can enjoy the weekend and look forward to having ALL my meals stocked and ready for the week!
*** Note: Thursdays I usually go to our local farmers market for fruits, veggies, lunch meat, and snacks.
This week I carried over a meal or two that we didn’t use last week. So you will notice some meals are the same.
If anyone is wondering for budget purposes what we spend a week, I am aiming for $150.00 for a family of six ( not including our carry out pizza and please remember we homeschool, so ALL lunches are at home as well.) but I usually, end up airing on the side of $200.00. I have to work on shaving this down because we are on a tighter budget than we used to be.
Menu for week of April 28-May 5th
( I don’t assign days because I like to pick what suits our family mood for the day.)
- Greek Yogurt and Granola
- Simple Mornings Muffins ( My kids love to make these by themselves, super simple! A great boxed muffins for starter chefs!)
- Dad’s famous French toast with turkey bacon ( Usually served on a Saturday)
- Bagels and Cream Cheese ( This is my shove them in your mouth on the way out to go-to church breakfast)
- Grilled Cheese and tomato and rice soup
- Tuna sandwiches and veggies ( I will probably serve these on Poetry Teatime day with some cupcakes for dessert.)
- Chicken nuggets, applesauce, and green beans
- Lunchmeat sandwiches
- Lunchmeat sandwiches
- Hippy Hotdogs ( I am going to put these in the crockpot before church, so they are ready for lunch when we get home.)
- Pizza out ( One of our Friday traditions, we get an AMAZING 24-inch pizza from a local pizzeria. It feeds our family plus we have leftovers for lunch the next day.)
- Pizza out ( This is for the next Friday, I schedule my menu from Fri to Fri)
- Baked ham, salad, baked corn, fruit salad and cheesecake for dessert ( A carry over from this week because Peapod had ham out of stock.)
- Ham Quiche & Salad ( Hoping to use the extra ham from our baked ham dinner and get double the value out of my meals!This is also a carry over from last week’s menu)
- Baked Spaghetti Casserole/Salad
- Baked Chicken/ Asparagus from my Gram’s garden and corn on the cob
Poetry Teatime: Tuna sandwiches/cupcakes
So that about sums up my week! How do you menu plan? What are your dinner plans for this week?