I am a big domestic dork and always love to see what other people are planning for dinner! So while menu planning tonight, I decided I would quick type it out for you to see as well!
Hopefully, this is something I can post weekly so you can get a sneak peek as to what’s cooking in our home and I would love to see hear about what you are cooking too!
I am not fancy when it comes to planning meals; I use a good old paper and pencil. Nothing is typed out. I plan Thursday through the next Friday. Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinners. I am the first to tell you I am awful at budgeting for menu planning.
(This post contains affiliate links, for more on our disclosure policy click here)
There is something super satisfying to me when I know that my kitchen is stocked and I don’t have to worry about buying things for dinner. I have also been having some busy weeks, so this week I did order Peapod to deliver on Friday right before I have to get the kiddos to gym class.
**** If you don’t know what Peapod is it is a grocery delivery service offered in our area by Giant grocery stores. It has minimal delivery fees, and they bring my groceries right into my kitchen. At first, I thought, “Is this lazy?” but soon realized with four children, living on one income with a budget and homeschooling it is efficient and SMART. Peapod saves me time and money ( because the kiddos are not always asking for something!) I don’t always order Peapod, but when I am having a busy week, it is my go-to. I have been using them for going on three years now.**** ( I will mention I like to order when I know I am going to be home all day, you can utilize a delivery discount for having a large window period for your delivery and save $3.00)
Menu 4/20 through 4/28
( I don’t assign days because I like to pick and choose based on our families mood and schedule for the day.)
- Bagels and cream cheese
- Muffins and fruit
- eggs/sausage/hash brown patties
- Daddy’s super yum french toast/bacon
- Greek Yogurt and granola
- Chicken nuggets/green beans/mandarin oranges
- Lunch meat sandwiches ( whatever is on sale at our local farmers market)
- Lunch meat sandwiches
- Lunch meat sandwiches
- Pizza Out ( We do this every Friday)
- Grilled Cheese and Tom. Soup ( Daddy is making this when mama gets to go to a Mexican girls night out, waahoo!)
- Burgers on the grill w/ mushrooms and onions/French fries
- Spanish Rice and Chicken
- Quiche and Salad
- Belated Easter Dinner: Baked ham, mashed potatoes, fruit salad, baked corn, our traditional cheesecake sampler for dessert. ( We buy a cheesecake sampler every year and lay them all out on the table and share, the kids love it and its a fun tradition!)
- Shrimp alfredo from scratch w/ broccoli and salad ( shrimp was on sale. Otherwise I usually don’t use it because it is pricey!)
- Fish sticks/corn/mac n cheese ( an unhealthy old fave we haven’t had in 10 years and my hubby requested it!)
- Pizza out ( We do this every Friday)
Poetry Teatime Treat: Oreo pudding pie
What’s going on for dinner in your home this week? Are you the menu planning type?
The post What’s For Dinner Weekly: A quick look at our menu. appeared first on .