Snack Crate is our new favorite family adventure! I can not say enough about how we enjoyed sitting down and trying all these yummy and unusual treats from far off places.
I was so excited when a sweet friend told me about her experience with Snack Crate. I am always looking for crazy fun and out-of-the-box experiences to supplement our homeschool learning. This by far has surpassed my expectations.
What is Snack Crate?
Snack Crate is fun learning, and sneaky Geography all rolled into one. A homeschooling mama’s dream! ( Or anyone wanting a ton of fun and hands on education! ) Each month you receive a box full of delicious snacks (and a drink if you pick that option) from the country of the month.
Our blue box arrived on time and ready to go! My husband Andy made me promise we wouldn’t open it until he came home from work.
Do you know how hard it is for our four sweet ones to be staring at that box all day knowing they can’t open it? Let’s just say it made for a looooong day!
Everyone crowded around the table ten minutes before daddy got home ready to pounce on him the second he came in the door! He finally arrived, and the fun began!
We opened our box, and I was delighted to see it was packed very neat and attractive with a fun card on top giving us info on the country of the month which was South Korea.
With crazy anticipation( and maybe some impatience from the kids)we read about each snack we were about to enjoy and split it among us. The kids were so thrilled to give their opinion and rate them on a scale from one to ten. Even our two -year- old was ecstatic!
What I loved most:
- The packaging was great pretty and neat.
- The insert was very detailed and informative. It was very helpful when explaining the treats to the children. I also really loved they added information about the country as well as a photo of where it is located and the flag. ( You can see a sample of that info here)
- It shipped on time and arrived on time
- We loved looking at the different language on all the packages.
- There are three buying options, which is very helpful when you are on a budget.
- If you LOVE an item, you can order extra through the Snack Crate site.
- We picked the 8 product Snack Crate ( mid-size) plus the drink add-on, and it was just enough for a large family of 6!
- There is a “give a gift option” that is great options for grandparents.
- The WHOLE family enjoyed it. It fostered togetherness, fun, and discussion.
Personally, I can not find much to critique about our first Snack Crate experience! But in fairness, I will list a few things that might be a pitfall to some people.
- If there are a ton of food allergies in your family, this might not be a fantastic option. They gave us such a wide and fun variety of food it could be difficult to enjoy if you have limited dietary restrictions.
- You cannot pick what crate you want to come. It’s more of a “surprise” every month. I find this exciting, and so do my kids. But for people that would like more control of the products you are getting this might be a turnoff.
After stuffing our little faces full of snacks from South Korea, we can hardly contain our excitement for our next edible adventure in April! I am super excited we were able to participate in this fun family activity and think it’s going to make great “outside of the box” learning memories for the kids.
(Note: I do receive a referral credit for my next Snack Crate order when you use our link)
What are some out- of- the- box ways you bring your homeschool to life? Leave me a message below with your family fun experiences!